The Sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body. Sciatica is a condition where pain from down the legs to lower back.Pain is also felt either of the sides. The straight leg test is often used for diagnosing the Sciatica. A most common disease nowadays among people of age 40-50, women are sometimes affected at the time of pregnancy. More men suffer this disease when it is compared with the women. This may be neurological dysfunction, which result in weakness and the pain quickly transfer along the course of the nerve.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS
- The main cause of Sciatica is pressure from the disc herniation and swelling around the tissues.
- Sciatica may be caused due to pregnancy.
- Breakdown of the discs.
- Other pain may be back pain, overweight, not exercising daily, sleeping on the mattress which is too soft.
- Weakness in the calf muscles or pain the movement of the ankle or leg.
- The pain can get worse by sitting for a long period.
- A growth within a spine example, tumour.
- A spinal injury or infections in the spinal.
- SPINAL STENOSIS-Which means narrowing of nerve passage in the spine.
- When the vertebra slips out of the position.
- Numbness or weakness of the legs.
- Sciatica symptoms can occur on a regular basis.
- Bladder dysfunctions
- It is mainly caused due to compression of Lumber Nerve L4 or L5 or sacral nerves S1, S2 or S3
- Sometimes the pain gets worse at the coughing, sitting or sneezing.
- When the cause of Sciatica is Lumber Disc Herniation most of the pain is recovered in a week or at least a month.
- Physical remedy is recommended and proper bed rest to the patients is prescribed by the doctors.
- It is recommended that Sciatica patient should not undergo the surgery for the removal of part of a disc.